Terms of Service
Revision date 13/10/2017
Open Science MOOC Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://opensciencemooc.eu/, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. You are legally responsible for your own behaviour and contributions. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. Sorry for the legalese, we have to do this kind of thing!
2. Copyright License
The materials contained in this website are openly researched and available to you under Creative Commons License 0, unless stated otherwise on specific items. That means that you should feel free to use and remix all content in whatever way you’d like, without getting any permission from us!
- The materials on Open Science MOOC’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Open Science MOOC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Open Science MOOC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Open Science MOOC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Open Science MOOC’s website, even if Open Science MOOC or an Open Science MOOC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Open Science MOOC website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Open Science MOOC does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Open Science MOOC may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Open Science MOOC does not make any commitment to update the materials. We do our best to provide you with good learning materials, and feel free to notify us of any suggestions via email.
Open Science MOOC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Open Science MOOC of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Community Guidelines
This is an academic environment and we ask users to adjust their conduct accordingly. We expect participants to:
- Actively participate, offering research based, peer reviewed sources in discussions in an open atmosphere of inquiry
- Be respectful, using netiquette, as well as academic mores which includes civil discourse devoid of any racist, stereotyping, discriminatory or inflammatory remarks. This includes avoidance of harassment and bullying. Please take note of our diversity statement and Code of Conduct.
- Avoid the use of logical fallacies and mind the rules of rhetoric in debate.
- Respect Chatham House rules in the closed areas, as well as respect the privacy of other users.
The community is moderated and any infractions may ultimately result in the removal of a participant up to the discretion of Open Science MOOC.
Open Science MOOC may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
9. Copyright infringement
We do our best to use appropriate licenses when reusing materials. Do you feel that we violated some of your rights? Please send an e-mail to us here with supporting evidence of your being a rightsholder and specification of the infringement for each count of alleged infringement. If your message does not contain supporting evidence and infringement specifications, we cannot investigate and therefore will not.
10. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of European Union and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that location.